Course Code: IT524005P
Duration: 90 hours
Course Fee: $ 16,800
Individual Module: $ 5,600
Early Birds: $ 14,280
Credit Transfer & Exemption Policy
Students can apply for credit transfer or exemption in specific modules. The Programme Board will consider these applications on an individual module basis. According to "General Academic Regulations for Professional Certificate and Professional Diploma Courses", normally credit transfer or exemption for more than 50% of the credit values of the course will not be granted.
Assessment & Examination
The assessment of students is made through class work, assignments, written test, laboratory works, project and presentations. The weighting of these assessment components varies among modules.
Mode of Study
Part-time, 8 months.
Ir. Freddy WONG Tel: 2595 8160 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Samuel Pang Tel: 2595 8100 Email: email@example.com
Enterprise Systems Administration
Need for the Course
The Professional Certificate in Enterprise Systems Administration provides training to IT practitioners with specific knowledge and skills on designing, developing, and implementing enterprise virtualisation for small and medium enterprises (SME) and large corporations with disaster recovery, and installing and administering enterprise database systems.
The course comprises of the following modules:
- VMware vSphere and View Administration (30 hours)
- SAP ERP Administration (30 hours)
- Oracle Database Administration (30 hours)
- A Module Certificate is awarded upon completion of each module, i.e. pass the assessment and attend with an attendance rate of not less than 70% of a module.
- Completion of all the three modules of the course leads to a Professional Certificate in Enterprise Systems Administration.
Applicants should either have:
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least one year of relevant work experience, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E/Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least two years of relevant work experience, or equivalent ; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board plus at least one year of relevant work experience; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above plus at least one year of relevant work experience AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning plus at least two years of relevant work experience that are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.
Remark : Applicants are required to have the basic knowledge in Programming and Database. Applicants without the knowledge are advised to take the module ICT3024 Introduction to Programming and ICT2026 Database Development.