Course Code: IT524008P
Duration: 90 hours
Course Fee: $ 14,100
Individual Module: $ 4,700
Early Birds: $ 11,985
Credit Transfer & Exemption Policy
Students can apply for credit transfer or exemption in specific modules. The Programme Board will consider these applications on an individual module basis. According to "General Academic Regulations for Professional Certificate and Professional Diploma Courses", normally credit transfer or exemption for more than 50% of the credit values of the course will not be granted.
Assessment & Examination
The assessment of students is made through class work, assignments, written test, laboratory works, project and presentations. The weighting of these assessment components varies among modules.
Mode of Study
Part-time, 8 months.
Mr. Will Kwok Tel: 2256 7345 Email: email@example.com
Mobile Enterprise Applications
Need for the Course
The Professional Certificate in Mobile Enterprise Applications provides training to IT practitioners with sound conceptual knowledge of mobile technology and sufficient hands-on practice to apply the knowledge and skills acquired for developing software for smartphones such as iPhone and Android phone. This course teaches the students how to develop mobile games and various enterprise applications for smartphones.
The course comprises of the following modules:
Elective Module (Select any 2)
- Android Application Development (30 hours)
- Android User Interface Design (30 hours)
- iOS Application Development (30 hours)
- iOS User Interface Design (30 hours)
- A Module Certificate is awarded upon completion of each module, i.e. pass the assessment and attend with an attendance rate of not less than 70% of a module.
- Completion of all the three modules of the course leads to a Professional Certificate in Mobile Enterprise Applications.
Applicants should either have:
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least one year of relevant work experience, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E/Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least two years of relevant work experience, or equivalent ; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board plus at least one year of relevant work experience; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above plus at least one year of relevant work experience AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning plus at least two years of relevant work experience that are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.
Remark : Applicants are required to have the basic knowledge in Programming and Database. Applicants without the knowledge are advised to take the module ICT3024 Introduction to Programming and ICT2026 Database Development.