CEF Course Code: 78K087561
Duration: 96 hours
Course Fee: $ 6,850
QR Registration No.:
05/09/2012 - 31/08/2014
QF Level: Level 4
Credit Transfer & Exemption Policy
Students can apply for credit transfer or exemption in specific modules. The Programme Board will consider these applications on an individual module basis. According to "General Academic Regulations for Professional Certificate and Professional Diploma Courses", normally credit transfer or exemption for more than 50% of the credit values of the course will not be granted.
Assessment & Examination
The assessment of students is made through class work, assignments, written test, laboratory works, project and presentations. The weighting of these assessment components varies among modules.
Mode of Study
Ms. Saya SZE Tel: 3928 2605 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Systems Security, Auditing and Governance (Level 4)
Need for the Course
The Professional Certificate in Information Systems Security Auditing and Governance is a SCS-based course. This course aims to provide training to IT practitioners with sound conceptual knowledge of information security, information systems auditing and management, and sufficient hands-on practice to apply the knowledge and skills acquired for large corporations as well as small and medium enterprises (SME) in Hong Kong.
The course comprises of the following modules:
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) Examination Preparation (30 hours)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) Examination Preparation (30 hours)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Examination Preparation (36 hours)
- A Module Certificate is awarded upon completion of each module, i.e. pass the assessment and attend with an attendance rate of not less than 70% of a module.
- Completion of all the three modules of the course leads to a Professional Certificate in Information Systems Security Auditing and Governance.
Applicants should either:
- have five HKCEE passes including English Language and Chinese language (Level 2 or above) or equivalent, plus at least two years of relevant working experience in the IT industry; OR
- Mature applicants, i.e. those aged 23 or above with at least two years' relevant working experience, can be admitted and subject to a satisfactory interview or aptitude test.