CEF Course Code: IT524101P
Duration: 135 hours
Course Fee: $ 18,800
QR Registration No:15/003188/L4
Period: 02/11/2015 - 31/08/2021
QF Level: Level 4
Credit Transfer & Exemption Policy
Students can apply for credit transfer or exemption in specific modules. The Programme Board will consider these applications on an individual module basis. According to "General Academic Regulations for Professional Certificate and Professional Diploma Courses", normally credit transfer or exemption for more than 50% of the credit values of the course will not be granted.
Assessment & Examination
The assessment of students is made through class work, assignments, written test, laboratory works, project and presentations. The weighting of these assessment components varies among modules.
Mode of Study
Mr. Ricky Fung Tel: 2595 2535 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cisco Certified Network Associate
Need for the Course
The Internet of Everything (IoE) is connecting people, processes, data and things to bring forth innovation, faster decision making, and improved growth and profits for industry while bringing higher living standards for all those touched by this global trend. World Bank Studies estimate that over the next ten years there will be two million unfilled ICT-related jobs globally. To connect the unconnected, it is estimated that 220,000 new engineers are required every year from 2014-2022. The globally-recognized Cisco certification is to build education and certification programs for networking engineers, and many other tech careers to close the gap we see ahead in the next ten years.
The course comprises of the following modules:
- Introduction to Networks (45 hours)
- Routing and Switching Essentials (30 hours)
- Scaling Networks (30 hours)
- Connecting Networks (30 hours)
- A Module Certificate is awarded upon completion of each module, i.e. pass the assessment and attend with an attendance rate of not less than 70% of a module.
Applicants should either have:
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least one year of relevant work experience, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E/Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least two years of relevant work experience, or equivalent ; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board plus at least one year of relevant work experience; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above plus at least one year of relevant work experience AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning plus at least two years of relevant work experience that are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.
- Graduates of Professional Certificate for CCNA can be articulated to Part-time Evening Higher Diploma in Information & Communications Technology (IT524110).
- Credit transfer will be granted for students who have passed the VTC offered Professional Certificate for Cisco Certified Network Associate (IT524101P) for the four modules in : 1. Introduction to Networks, 2. Network Routing and Switching, 3. Advanced Network Routing and Switching, and 4. Connecting WAN. Credit transfer will be granted for students who have passed the VTC offered Professional Certificate for Cisco Certified Network Associate (IT524101P) for the four modules.