Course Code: IT524106P
Duration: 90 hours
Course Fee: To be confirmed
Individual Module: To be confirmed
Credit Transfer & Exemption Policy
Students can apply for credit transfer or exemption in specific modules. The Programme Board will consider these applications on an individual module basis. According to "General Academic Regulations for Professional Certificate and Professional Diploma Courses", normally credit transfer or exemption for more than 50% of the credit values of the course will not be granted.
Assessment & Examination
The assessment of students is made through class work, assignments, written test, laboratory works, project and presentations. The weighting of these assessment components varies among modules.
Mode of Study
Ir. Freddy WONG Tel: 2595 8160 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need for the Course
As cybercriminals and hackers become increasingly sophisticated, so must enterprises security strategies. It is critical for enterprises to invest in both the people and the programs they need to develop a skilled workforce and a robust cybersecurity initiative. Organizations need to reshape cybersecurity training and ongoing professional development. With the frequency of attacks growing exponentially, organizations need to be confident that candidates have the right skills and knowledge to address cybersecurity incidents from their first day on the job. Now is the time for enterprises to ramp up their cybersecurity workforce.
At the same time, cybersecurity professionals need to pursue hands-on training to keep their skills sharp, as adversaries develop new technical and creative tactics for attack. The critical need for cybersecurity talent has created a door that is wide open and leads to a successful career.
The course comprises of the following modules:
- Preparation for Certified Information Systems Security Professional Examination (36 hours)
- Preparation for Certified Information Systems Auditor Examination (30 hours)
- Preparation for Certified Information Security Manager Examination (24 hours)
- A Module Certificate is awarded upon completion of each module, i.e. pass the assessment and attend with an attendance rate of not less than 70% of a module.
Applicants should either have:
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least one year of relevant work experience, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E/Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least two years of relevant work experience, or equivalent ; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board plus at least one year of relevant work experience; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above plus at least one year of relevant work experience AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning plus at least two years of relevant work experience that are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.