Course Code: IT524109P
Duration: 72 hours
Course Fee: $ 14,400
Individual Module: To be confirmed
Assessment & Examination
The assessment of students is made through class work, assignments, written test, laboratory works, project and presentations. The weighting of these assessment components varies among modules.
Mode of Study
MR. Kelvin Yip Tel: 2595 2537 Email: email@example.com
IoT and Cybersecurity Operations
Need for the Course
On 15 Dec 2017, the Government released the Smart City Blueprint for Hong Kong with a vision to build Hong Kong into a world-class smart city. The Blueprint maps out development plans in the next five years, aiming to enhance the effectiveness of city management and improve people's quality of living as well as Hong Kong's attractiveness and sustainability by making use of innovation and technology (I&T). The enabling technologies for smart development include the Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence. In addition, the recent policy address announced the plan of establishing an Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Technologies Innovation and Technology clusters at Hong Kong Science Parks Corporation. Besides all these technologies, Cyber Security is the most important foundation of a smart city.
The course comprises of the following modules:
- A Module Certificate is awarded upon completion of each module, i.e. pass the assessment. An attendance certificate is also issued with an attendance rate of at least 70% of a module.
Applicants should either have:
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least one year of relevant work experience, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E/Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least two years of relevant work experience, or equivalent ; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board plus at least one year of relevant work experience; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above plus at least one year of relevant work experience AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning plus at least two years of relevant work experience that are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.