Course Code: IT524112P
Duration: 72 hours
Course Fee: To be confirmed
Individual Module: To be confirmed
Assessment & Examination
The assessment of students is made through class work, assignments, written test, laboratory works, project and presentations. The weighting of these assessment components varies among modules.
Mode of Study
Mr. HO Chi Wing Tel: 3928 2620 Email: email@example.com
Creative Multimedia Technology
Need for the Course
Based on the "2018 Manpower Survey Report - Innovation and Technology Sector" by the Innovation and Technology Training Board of Vocational Training Council, the overall IT employees were increased by 9.1% between 2016 and 2018. The economy of Hong Kong in the coming year is expected to have a growth rate of 3 – 4%. The annual additional training requirement for IT employees from 2019 to 2022 is estimated to be about 5250 to 6410 in the IT sector.
For the Information and Communications Technology Industry development, the Hong Kong SAR government has put in place many initiatives such as Smart City Blueprint and many other e-Government Initiatives. The Smart City Blueprint, unveiled in December 2017, maps out the development plans for the next five years to enhance Hong Kong's sustainability by making use of innovation and technology.
The course comprises of the following modules:
- A Module Certificate is awarded upon completion of each module, i.e. pass the assessment. An attendance certificate is also issued with an attendance rate of at least 70% of a module.
Applicants should either have:
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least one year of relevant work experience, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E/Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least two years of relevant work experience, or equivalent ; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board plus at least one year of relevant work experience; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above plus at least one year of relevant work experience AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning plus at least two years of relevant work experience that are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.