Course Code: IT524118P
Duration: 144 hours
Course Fee: $ 28,800
Individual Module: To be confirmed
Assessment & Examination
The assessment of students is made through class work, assignments, written test, laboratory works, project and presentations. The weighting of these assessment components varies among modules.
Mode of Study
Mr. WONG Hang Chit Tel: 2595-8113 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cross-platform Applications Development
Need for the Course
In recent years, rather than hiring different coders, software engineers or designers, organizations
favour experts who can perform multiple tasks. If an IT professional knows both back-end and
front-end development skills, there is a greater chance of getting a job in the software
A Full Stack Developer will be software engineers that design and build mobile applications, web infrastructure and web sites. They will build, test, troubleshoot, operate and optimize various tiers of a software solution from frontend, to backend, to the database and notwithstanding troubleshooting and testing. They are always able to switch between frontend and backend development based on the requirement of the project.
The course comprises of the following modules:
- NoSQL Data Solution (24 hours)
- Elementary Cross-platform Mobile Applications Development (30 hours)
- User Experience Enhancement for Applications (18 hours)
- Modern APIs Development (24 hours)
- Full-stack Web Development (24 hours)
- Serverless Applications Development on Cloud (24 hours)
- A Module Certificate is awarded upon completion of each module, i.e. pass the assessment. An attendance certificate is also issued with an attendance rate of at least 70% of a module.
Applicants should either have:
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least one year of relevant work experience, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E/Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least two years of relevant work experience, or equivalent ; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board plus at least one year of relevant work experience; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above plus at least one year of relevant work experience AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning plus at least two years of relevant work experience that are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.