Course Code: IT524121P
Duration: 72 hours
Course Fee: To be confirmed
QR Registration No.: 20/000590/L4
Validity Period: 01/09/2020 - 31/08/2021
QF Level: Level 4
Assessment & Examination
The assessment of students is made through class work, assignments, written test, laboratory works, project and presentations. The weighting of these assessment components varies among modules.
Mode of Study
Ms Cherry Cheng Tel: 2256-7302 Email: email@example.com
Mobile Enterprise Applications
Need for the Course
The Report on Manpower Projection to 2027 from the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region December 2019, the Telecommunication activities and Software publishing and information technology related services sub-sectors’ manpower projected growth average annual rates of 1.6% and 2.5%. In addition, from the job market needs, job vacancies for mobile app developers have increased significantly in recent years. There were 4,500 mobile developer jobs posted on the site in the first quarter of 2011, and currently there are 200+ mobile developer jobs posted on the site per day (estimated around 18000 per quarter). This shows that there are a significant increase in the job market needs.
The course comprises of the following modules:
- iOS Application Development (24 hours)
- Android Application Development (24 hours)
- Enterprise Server Techniques for Mobile Applications (24 hours)
- A Module Certificate is awarded upon completion of each module, i.e. pass the assessment. An attendance certificate is also issued with an attendance rate of at least 70% of a module.
Applicants should either have:
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least one year of relevant work experience, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E/Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least two years of relevant work experience, or equivalent ; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board plus at least one year of relevant work experience; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above plus at least one year of relevant work experience AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning plus at least two years of relevant work experience that are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.