- iOS Programming
- Using Machine Learning on Mobile App Development (Intensive)
- VMware vSphere and View Administration
- Introduction to Computer Game Programming
- Android Application Development
- Deep Learning with Tensorflow
- Data Science and Machine Learning
Ms. Chung Tel: 2460 5299 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Ng Tel: 2460 5270 Email: email@example.com
Developing a Smart Environment Application with IoT Devices
Module Code: IT5200043
Duration: 12 hours
Course Fee: $ 5,400
VTC Staff/Student/Alumni: $ 4,590
Member of Supporting Organization: $ 4,590
Early Birds: $ 4,590
Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the module, students are expected to be able to:
- Python for Devices: We will use the Python software development environment with the related packages for sensors and communication.
- Embedded Linux. We will utilize the Linux kernel for IoT device control with the support of various hardware interfaces and protocol stacks.
- Sensor Data. We will collect real time environmental sensor data as decision support as well as data analytics.
- Geolocation. One key aspect for smart environment is the geolocation of the sensor data and we will cover various mechanisms to locate the devices in different environment.
- Low Power Wireless Communications. For the smart environment application, wireless communications need to be long range but yet low power consumption for long battery life. We will cover different standards of Low Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN).
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least one year of relevant work experience, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E/Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least two years of relevant work experience, or equivalent ; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board plus at least one year of relevant work experience; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above plus at least one year of relevant work experience AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning plus at least two years of relevant work experience that are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.