Other Module Certificates
- Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks
- Database Development
- Introduction to SAP FI/CO
- SAP ABAP Programming
- Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks
- SAP PP
- Adobe Dreamweaver with Certified Expert Examination Preparation
Ir. Freddy WONG Tel: 2595 8160 Email: email@example.com
Mr. Samuel Pang Tel: 2595 8100 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
VMware vSphere and View Administration
Module Code: IT524008Q
Duration: 30 hours
Course Fee: $ 6,964
VTC Staff/Student/Alumni: $ 5,920
Member of Supporting Organization: $ 5,920
Early Birds: $ 5,920
Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the module, students are expected to be able to:
- install and configure VMware vSphere and View for a given virtualisation requirement;
- create and manage Virtual Machines on the VMware vSphere and View for various types of operating systems;
- configure and monitor the performance of the VMware vSphere and View to ensure high availability for a typical configuration;
- evaluate and select appropriate tools, such as vCenter Server, VMware vCenter Converter to migrate existing Virtual Machines to vSphere and View, and manage vSphere servers throughout the enterprise; and
- implement a disaster recovery plan for Virtual Machines on VMware vSphere and View.
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least one year of relevant work experience, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E/Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least two years of relevant work experience, or equivalent ; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board plus at least one year of relevant work experience; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above plus at least one year of relevant work experience AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning plus at least two years of relevant work experience that are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.
A Module Certificate is awarded upon completion of the module, i.e. pass the assessment and attend with an attendance rate of not less than 70% of the module.
Note : 1. This course is for VTC staff, students, and alumni only who wish to learn the basics in VMware vSphere and View.
2. This course is not an authorised VMware training programme.
3. This course is not for VMware certification.
4. If you wish to obtain VMware certification, you need to study the official authorised training course offered by VMware.