Other Module Certificates
- Event and Stage Management
- Certificate in Aerial Videography
- Strategic New Media Advertising
- Multimedia Technology using Deep Zoom and Silverlight
- Certificate in Unity 3D Game Development
- VMware vSphere : Install, Configure and Manage
- Essentials of Pro Tools with Preparation for Avid Pro Tools 110 Certification Examination
Ir. Freddy WONG Tel: 2595 8160 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Samuel Pang Tel: 2595 8100 Email: email@example.com
Microsoft Hyper-V Administration
Module Code: IT524014Q
Duration: 30 hours
Course Fee: $ 6,964
VTC Staff/Student/Alumni: $ 5,920
Member of Supporting Organization: $ 5,920
Early Birds: $ 5,920
Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the module, students are expected to be able to:
- install and configure Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V for a given server requirement;
- create and manage Virtual Machines on the Hyper-V server for various types of Windows operating systems;
- configure and monitor the performance of the Hyper-V server to ensure high availability for a typical configuration;
- evaluate and select appropriate tools, such as System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) and PowerShell, to migrate existing Virtual Machines to Hyper-V and manage Hyper-V servers throughout the enterprise for a typical configuration; and
- implement a disaster recovery plan for Virtual Machines on Hyper-V for various common scenarios.
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least one year of relevant work experience, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E/Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least two years of relevant work experience, or equivalent ; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board plus at least one year of relevant work experience; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above plus at least one year of relevant work experience AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning plus at least two years of relevant work experience that are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.
A Module Certificate is awarded upon completion of the module, i.e. pass the assessment and attend with an attendance rate of not less than 70% of the module.
Note : This module is one of the eight modules of IT524007P Professional Diploma in Enterprise Systems Administration and Development.