Other Module Certificates
- Enterprise Server Techniques for Mobile Applications
- Exhibition and Museum Design
- Basics of 3D Printing and Scanning
- Adobe After Effects with Certified Expert Examination Preparation
- Preparation for Certified Information Security Manager Examination
- Implementing Cisco Network Security
- Adobe Flash with Certified Expert Examination Preparation
Mr. Ken LEE Tel: 3757 9255 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Module Code: ICT3027
Duration: 30 hours
Course Fee: $ 3,200
Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the module, students are expected to be able to:
- use network protocol models to explain the layers of communications in data networks;
- explain the characteristics of copper and fibre cables;
- design, calculate, and apply subnet masks and addresses;
- build a simple LAN using routers and switches;
- employ basic cabling and network designs to connect devices;
- apply basic router and switch configuration and verification; and
- analyze the operations and features of the transport and network layer protocols and services.
- The minimum entry requirements for the course should be five HKCEE passes including English Language and Chinese language (Level 2 or above), or equivalent and subject to a satisfactory interview or aptitude test; or
- Mature applicants, i.e. those aged 23 or above with at least two years' relevant working experience, can be admitted and subject to a satisfactory interview or aptitude test.
A Module Certificate is awarded upon completion of the module, i.e. pass the assessment and attend with an attendance rate of not less than 70% of the module.