Other Module Certificates
- Rich Media Website Development
- Autodesk 3ds Max Design with Certified Professional Examination Preparation
- Introduction to Micro-film Shooting
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) Examination Preparation
- Basic Android Programming
- Connecting Networks
- Basics of 3D Printing and Scanning
Mr Ricky Fung Tel: 2595 2535 Email: email@example.com
Introduction to Networks
CEF Module Code: ITE3103
Duration: 45 hours
QR Registration No.: 15/003186/L3
Validity Period: 2/11/2015 - 31/08/2021
QF Level: Level 3
Course Fee: $ 2,235
VTC Staff/Student/Alumni: $ 1,900
Member of Supporting Organization: $ 1,900
Early Birds: $ 1,900
Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the module, students are expected to be able to:
- Understand and describe the devices and services, role of protocol layers and various addressing scheme to support communications in data networks and the Internet
- Design, calculate, and apply subnet masks and addresses to fulfil given requirements in IPv4 and IPv6 networks
- Explain fundamental Ethernet concepts such as media, services, and operations
- Build a simple Ethernet network using routers and switches
- Use Cisco command-line interface (CLI) commands to perform basic router and switch configurations.
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least one year of relevant work experience, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E/Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, plus at least two years of relevant work experience, or equivalent ; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board plus at least one year of relevant work experience; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above plus at least one year of relevant work experience AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning plus at least two years of relevant work experience that are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.
A Module Certificate is awarded upon completion of the module, i.e. pass the assessment and attend with an attendance rate of not less than 70% of the module.
Note : This module is one of the four modules of IT524101P Professional Certificate for Cisco Certified Network Associate, and is one of the seven modules of IT524104P Professional Diploma for Cisco Certified Network Professional.