Ranked top 15 university in the UK for 5 years running by The Guardian University Guide (2016-2020), Coventry combines an academic heritage dating back to 1843, with a dynamic and modern approach to education. This is further reinforced with the accolade of the highest ranked modern university in England between 2013-2019.
Coventry University is the embodiment of offering practical, hands-on study and strong connections to large global organisations around the world. In doing so, the University’s efforts have been awarded Gold for its outstanding teaching in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework and 5 QS Stars Overall rating (QS Stars University Ratings 2019).
This Multimedia Computing programme combines the technical skills of a computing degree with the creative thinking that you will need to develop a career in web development, multimedia production, pervasive computing or usability. You will learn the specific skills required to create 3D models and animation, audio, video, and similar creative assets.
|Designing for Usability 2
|Digital Media Technology 2
|3D Modelling and Animation
|Web API Development
|Interactive Pervasive Computing
|iPhone Development Skills
* We regularly review our course content, to make it relevant and current for the benefit of our students. For these reasons, course modules may be updated, please contact us for the latest information.
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under Continuing Education Fund. The mother course (BSc (Hons) Multimedia Computing) of this module is recognised under the Qualifications Framework (QF Level 5).
Coursework, an examination, portfolio and final project.
Applicants must hold one of the qualifications listed below:
- A Professional Diploma from VTC in a relevant subject such as Game Design and Java plus at least 3 years' relevant work experience; or
- A Higher Diploma from VTC in a relevant IT subject; or
- A qualification equivalent to the above*
PLUS a pass in Certificate (Algorithms and Data Structures Module) offered by PEAK.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate competence equivalent to an HKCEE Grade E or HKDSE Level 2 in Mathematics. Applicants from the approved VTC feeder programmes are considered to have met this requirement.
*Subject to final approval by Coventry University
English Proficiency Requirements
- Holders of VTC Higher Diploma taught and assessed in English; or
- Applicants who are not from the approved VTC feeder programmes should have successfully completed a Higher Diploma, Associate Degree or Professional Diploma taught and assessed in English from a recognised institution in Hong Kong or equivalent, or alternatively they should have attained a minimum overall IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent.
Successful candidates are required to complete and pass a 30-hour bridging course, Certificate (Algorithms and Data Structures Module), offered by PEAK, prior to their entry to the top-up degree programme. The tuition fee of the bridging course is HK$3,600. Please contact PEAK for details.