The programme equips students with all-rounded knowledge and skills in operating theme parks and theatre-related entertainment performances by integrating aspects of stagecraft, theatre lighting, sound technology and visual effects etc. It provides opportunities for professional training, industrial attachment and career development, and nurtures a new generation of technical personnel with IT talents.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
This programme is linked to the “Earn and Learn” scheme. Upon completion of the full-time first year of this programme¹, the student may choose to study in the “Earn and Learn” scheme. Under the “Earn and Learn” scheme, students will be employed by the participating companies as registered apprentice for two years in the “Earn and Learn”. During the two-year training period, there will be salary, government allowance and additional subsidy. Furthermore, the employer will sponsor the apprentice to study the Higher Diploma (HD) programme at IVE in Part-Time (Day) mode².
For details, please refer to the “Earn and Learn” scheme website.
¹ The tuition fee for the full-time Higher Diploma is paid by the student.
² Employers will sponsor the tuition fees for this two years.
Graduates are competent to be designers, technical managers, operators and technicians in theme parks, professional theatre companies and theatre venues.
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
Upon completion of the Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate (DVB) Programmes, students can progress to higher diploma programmes in VTC, subject to their BTEC and IGCSE results.
Graduates can apply for admission to the following programmes:
- Local degree programmes offered by VTC's member institution:
- Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi)
- Degree programmes in local universities:
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The Open University of Hong Kong
- The University of Hong Kong
- Articulation degree programmes in overseas universities (conducted at IVE campus):
- Coventry University, UK
- University of the West of England, UK
- Other Universities in the UK and Australia
For more details concerning the articulation arrangements, please visit here.
The programme is recognised by the Hong Kong Computer Society as satisfying the academic requirements for its Associate membership.
- Average result in 2020 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language, Chinese Language, Mathematics, Liberal Studies, and one elective subject of admitted students in 2020 for reference only. (Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.